Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Saturday, August 6, 2016

August Stake Relief Society Message

Dear Sisters,
I just returned from spending a week with my family at Lake Powell. We have
been making this trip for the past 18 years. It's a ton of work but the outcome is all
worth it. It has made lasting memories for my children and has made them closer to
their aunts, uncles, and cousins more than anything else we do.
 
Family is so important. I'm grateful to a Heavenly Father who thought to put
us in families for our earth life's journey. What better way to teach us of His love for
us as our Father and His desire for us to be eternally part of His family than letting
us experience it first hand in families.
 
My family is not perfect. With 7 brothers and sisters, 27 grandchildren, and as
many great grandchildren we are very diverse. We definitely don't all think the same
or have the same beliefs. This causes an interesting dynamic when we get together.
We were all raised the same so I struggle when I see my family members make
choices I don't agree with. I find it easy to love them as long as they are acting the
way I think they should but when they make mistakes I too easily condemn them and
find it hard to show love. I know this is my weakness and is something I am working
on. 
 
I recently read an Ensign article that reminded me that "the Savior always
sought out the sinners, teaching them through His words and example, and loving
them. It was this love that softened hearts and changed people." His example
reinforces to me the importance of unconditional love. The only way we will ever have
influence on others is through love, through doing those things that strengthen our
relationships.
 
I have seen this work first hand. Heavenly Father has given us great promises
regarding "wayward children," the hardest part is keeping faith and having patience
to let things happen in the Lord's time. But I know it works even when it takes years.
As Elder Holland says, "So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing.
Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
We love you, sisters, and so does our Father in Heaven!
Love,
Sis Dana Call, Kanesville Stake RS Secretary