Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Home Canned Peaches Peach Cobbler

I have a few bottles of home canned peaches in my food storage. Last night I went down to grab some stuff from food storage for dinner and got wistful about dessert. So I grabbed a bottle of peaches and searched out a simple peach cobbler recipe. I found a very simple, already have the ingredients, recipe. 
Peach Cobbler
1 jar canned peaches, drained
1 stick of butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
Melt butter in a glass 8x8 dish in the oven (preheated to 350). Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and milk. When smooth, add drained peaches. Pour on top of melted butter the he pan. (Here I added some cinnamon. Yum) Bake for 40-50 minutes. The top will be golden brown. Serve with ice cream!
Yum.
I used Splenda instead of sugar. The peaches were not sweetened. So it came out a tad bit not sweet. Kinda weird. Next time I'll use real sugar I think. But no one at my house complained. So maybe I won't. Enjoy!