Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 2013 Theme and Challenge

March 2013 Theme:  3 - week supply

Mach 2013 Challenge:  Stock your Pantry

The problem with really stocking your pantry for 3 weeks is you have to actually KNOW what you would need for three weeks.  I have a lot of stuff crammed in there (no it's not very organized) and we'd probably be OK but I doubt it would be enjoyable.

At one time I attempted to write out a detailed list of what our family would need to two weeks and was surprised at how difficult that was.  Lucky me though I know someone who is very organized and she once even taught a Relief Society class on how to plan your meals, she had a binder with recipes and shopping lists and everything; it was great!

I am not there yet . . . and I'm not sure I ever will be but she did inspire me to try and get a little more organized . . . of course that was awhile ago and I've lapsed into chaos again.  This month's challenge seems like a good time to get back on track.

My goal is this:
1) Plan 3 weeks of meals
2) Write down what we need for each meal*
3) Make sure we have it or get it!

What will you do?


*no emergency trips to the grocery store allowed!