Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Friday, March 8, 2013

Great Article about Preparedness

I don't know about you but I'm getting anxious for Spring, the snow is mostly melted (translate that to read "our yard is a pool"), flowers are started to poke up, time to get outside.  Sadly we got rained on during our morning walk - and it wasn't warm spring rain, so I'm home looking for a good project on Pinterest.
I came across a pin that seemed interesting to me, so I followed the link and found a really nice article about being prepared in Backwoods Home Magazine
Pinned Image
What started it all, a box of  boxes of matches
It was written by Patrice Lewis who has a blog called Rural: Revolution.    She talked about the 7 core areas of preparedness.  
  • Food
  • Water
  • Heat
  • Lights
  • Sanitation
  • Medical 
  • Safety
She had many interesting points to make and I enjoyed the article so I thought I'd share it with you.  _ Just click on the Backwood Home Magazine Link above.

I also enjoyed the few posts I read on her blog.  Especially the canning ones.
Picture from Backwoods Home Magazine.  This lady says she is not  "the Invincible Canner"
but I'm not sure about that.  This is pretty impressive.