Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Monday, April 30, 2012

Honey Powder

Hi.  This is Jennie D. From the Regal Country Ward and I just bought and used some honey powder.  I found it at Winco for under $10, but I noticed that some of the Case Lot prices match that.  This powder is wonderful.  You can use the powder form to add to recipes like you would use sugar.  You can also make liquid honey by adding cold water and then bringing it to a boil.  I put the liquid stuff in my honey bear.  It's darker than the regular store bought liquid honey.  It will store for years and won't crystalize like liquid honey will.  Honey powder is going to make a great investment.
So far I've only used it for peanut butter and honey sandwiches.  My kids love it.  I mean, they don't complain that the honey is weird.  It's not weird.  It's great.  It's honey.  I may just have to bake some bread and use it as a powder and see what happens.  I'll let you know what happens there.