Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Thursday, December 7, 2017

December 2017 Stake Relief Society Message

Sisters,
As we enter this Christmas season I want to share my testimony of the reality of the Savior. I hope you know He is YOUR Savior. I hope you KNOW Him. I hope you know that his Atonement was for YOU and that you never feel that you are the exception to the reaches of his love and sacrifice. I challenge you to do what you need to do to truly know him. There is a difference between knowing about Jesus Christ and knowing Jesus Christ.

Let me give some examples of what I mean:

Christ was born of Mary, but do you know that He chose to come, because He loves you so much that he couldn’t bear to not have there be a way for you to return to your eternal home? That He loves you so much that he was willing to suffer ALL things for you? Christ prayed in Gethsemane, but have you felt the depth and sincerity of those prayers on your behalf? Have you exercised, through the Savior, the power of His Atonement in your life? Do you believe, do you KNOW that His Atonement applies to you, no matter what? Christ died on a cross, but do you know that He allowed His life to be taken on a cross because he loves you? THE CROSS. The cross that you and I now don’t have to bear – if we will come to know Him and follow Him?

How can we come to know Him? Knowing Him comes through studying His word – learning about Him so we can come to know Him. Knowing Him comes through applying and likening the scriptures to our lives and praying to recognize His hand in our lives – for, once we know Him, we can become like Him. Knowing him comes through serving others and learning charity and long suffering. I encourage you to take time this month to study “The Living Christ”. Study the scriptures included there and pray about how you can liken them to your life. Pray for your testimony of the Savior to be strengthened and pray to know him versus only knowing about Him.
I know He lives! I hope he can be the Master we serve, that our thoughts are riveted on Him and His Gospel. Most of all, I hope you can feel and know his love for you!

Love,
Sis. Michelle Holt
President