Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nov - Sisterhood - The Angel Wing Necklace

This is my story in July I was shopping with my husband and 1 year old daughter when all of the sudden for no unexplained reason I had a massive seizure and I broke my shoulder and damaged it quite severely. Over the past few months I have been waiting for the bone to heal to so I could have surgery to fix the damage. My 8 year old daughter Alexus who has not been baptized yet started school and at school they were explaining they had a prize box with toys and things you could earn if you were really good. School started on August 20th, you had to be good for 2 weeks to get a prize out of this box, my surgery was August 26thwhen she looked in this box she saw an angel wing necklace that caught her eye. She worked and worked so hard for this necklace but before she could get it I had another seizure on the kitchen floor, which she watched and was crying mommy please get up. So on Friday she came running in from school "mommy mommy I did it I was so good I earned this angel wing necklace for you, if you wear it I will always be with you and you will never have another seizure and the angels will protect you and your shoulder will heal". It was the sweetest thing but I now have a testimony, Alexus has not been baptized yet. The other part to the story is, the necklace had fallen off I knew that it was here somewhere because I cannot go many places, the night of the women conference that I took Alexus to I was in a lot of pain when I came home I still did not feel right, almost like something was going to happen I started looking for the necklace underneath the couches and things but could not find it I almost gave up. Instead I went in the bedroom and quietly said a prayer when I came back in the living room I looked down in the chair the necklace had fallen down in there and I found it. Alexus and I had tears in our eyes. I have not taken it off since and have not had another seizure for the last 2 months. My testimony gets stronger everyday. I am thankful everyday for my beautiful family and everything I have as well as the trials I know that God has a plan for us but maybe it's showing me how much we need The Lord in our lives. I think we should be thankful for everything we have because it can change in the blink of an eye.

Alena S