Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Are you self reliant?

Are you self-reliant

My sister in law has a blog where she shares funny things that her kids say.  Just recently while having a discussion with her 8-year old son about cleaning the playroom she learned his definition of self-reliant.  I thought I'd share it.  I wonder if any of us (slightly over 8-years olds) feel the same way?

"But mom. . .   I'm self reliant!" I said well that's great, now you can do it all by yourself with out any help since you are self reliant! He looked at me and scoffed "No mom, that means you're suppose to help me!" I smiled and replied that actually self reliant means that you can do things all on your own and that you don't need help from other people. He looked at me very thoughtfully for a moment then said "really, that's what that means? Oh well, just forget what I said then!"

There may come a time when we need to be self-reliant, while I hope that we will be there for each other, wouldn't it be nice to know that you've actually understood the meaning of the term and are at least headed in that direction???