Photobucket
Home       Relief Society       Family History       Emergency Preparedness       Food Storage       Canning       Gardening       Recipes       Share      

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Love = Gratitude

Today the Foxglen Park Presidency Lesson was about Gratitude.
We started out by writing down what we love and then discussed how we can substitute "What I love" for "What I am Grateful For".

Image result for grateful hearts images

These are some of the things the sisters in this ward Love / Are Grateful for
I love sunsets
I love the sound of rain
I love hearing my children laugh
I love; family, sleep, sunsets, mountains, inner peace, massages, laughter, temple, avocados
I love it when my home is peaceful (which is a rare occasion) and it's filled with happiness and joy.
I love a clean home!
I love the beauty of our God given world, the colors blue and green, the laughter of my grand kids
I love this ward.  I have grown to love the people in it and even it's small size.  I feel a sense of camaraderie and love.
I love playing games with my family.  I love getting to know others by serving them. I love spending time with my children and having conversations with them.
I love Jon's giggle, David's smile, Music, Fresh air after the rain, a good novel, Chief's silly sleeping habits, Peaches.
I love having intimate and enlightening conversations with my husband and friends and family members.  I love when my children love to talk to me (when I remember to stop and listen).
I love the Gospel, My Savior and Heavenly Father, Family - Any day with the  grandchildren.  Being able to learn.  Feeling at peace.  Being able to accomplish new things.
I love my grand children because they are so bright, happy, fun and full of joy and life.
I love how my family can have fun together swimming, sledding, playing games and even reading.
I love gardening, sewing, time with my family, books / reading.
I love doing service projects with my grandchildren .  My rice bag on a cold night.  Ice cream snicker bars.  Doing family history (if makes me feel like a detective).
I love when we spend time together and laugh!, When the boys are getting along with each other, snuggles, mornings.
I love how my kids bring joy and laughter to our home, how the ocean is peaceful, the color red, because it is bright and fun, laughing, I love to bake treats that bring smiles to people.  My husband is a constant friend, helper, and teacher, always kind and thoughtful.
I love morning "luvs" (hugs) from my kids, family camping trips, the mountains and the ocean. When my husband makes dinner, book group.


This was such a nice lesson to start off February the "month of Love ", thinking about the many things we have to be grateful for / LOVE.

For a bit more on this topic you could read President Henry B Eyrings talk entitled O Remember, Remember from October General Conference 2007

Henry B. Eyring“O remember, remember,” Book of Mormon prophets often implored. 1 My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness.